Your Group Coverage
Below is a Summary of Eligible Expenses. For full details of your coverage, please refer to your Booklet.
Medavie Benefit Summary English
Expenses not Reimbursed by the Plan
Remember to check your booklet for a complete list of benefits, exclusions, and limitations. The following expenses are not reimbursed under the plan:
- Dental surgery or cosmetic surgery unless such surgery is a result of a covered injury under the Accidental Dental benefit.
- Any sickness or injury due to the influence of drugs, alcohol or other intoxicant.
- Sickness or injury to the participation in professional sports.
- Suicide or any attempt at suicide while sane or insane.
- Intentionally self-inflicted injury or any attempt at intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane.
- A sickness or injury that, at the time of departure from the Home Country, might reasonably be expected to require medical treatment, surgery or hospitalization.
- Medication commonly available without a prescription; fertility drugs, contraceptives, vitamin preparations, acne medications, baldness remedies, nicotine resin products, dietary supplements or weight loss products.
- Translation services of any kind, even when utilized in the delivery of medical services.
- Organ Transplants
- Any sickness, injury or medical condition resulting from the commission or attempted commission of an illegal act.
- Specialty high cost drugs.
The above is a summary only, and does not constitute an agreement. The exact terms and conditions are described in the policy and booklet.
For inquiries, contact Medavie Blue Cross at 1-800-667-4511 or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.